IPBReklame: Unlock

Velkommen, gjest ( Logg på | Registrèr )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1.0.2 Upgrade Question
teslar
post 27.11.07 21:03
Innlegg #1

Gruppe: Fullverdig medlem
Ble med: 27.11.07
Medlem nr: 18 852

Hi

Hope someone can help an new iPhone user.

iunlock has the best site I can find for clear information and advise on unlocking and updating the iphone. I only have one question that I cannot find an answer to

My iphone is currrently 1.0.2 unlocked with anySIM1.1 and pacay the IMEI numbers is correctly shown as on the box and the baseband is 03.14.08_G

I'm confused because iunlock only says that 1.0.2 needs to be virginised before updating to 1.1.1 but I've also read that you only need to do this if you have a bad IMEI or corrupted baseband

What is the correct course for me, do I need to virginise?

Thanks for having the best site for clear instructions with the exception of the above point smile.gif

Appologies for posting in English, I hope you can still help me

Dette innlegget er endret av teslar: 27.11.07 21:12
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Fredrik
post 28.11.07 02:43
Innlegg #2

Group Icon

Gruppe: Administrator
Ble med: 30.11.02
Fra: Os, utenfor Bergen
Medlem nr: 1

You do NOT need to virginize if you used anySIM 1.1 when you unlocked it. Just upgrade to 1.1.1 (hold shit/option key when clicking upgrade and manually select firmware file downloaded rom apple).

--------------------
Mvh,
Fredrik Grevstad
Administrator - Forum.Unlock.no
Daglig leder Unlock.no
+Quote Post
teslar
post 28.11.07 08:41
Innlegg #3

Gruppe: Fullverdig medlem
Ble med: 27.11.07
Medlem nr: 18 852

QUOTE(Fredrik @ 28.11.07 03:43) *

You do NOT need to virginize if you used anySIM 1.1 when you unlocked it. Just upgrade to 1.1.1 (hold shit/option key when clicking upgrade and manually select firmware file downloaded rom apple).

Many thanks Fredrik for confirming this step above I just wanted to be sure before I proceed, you mention I should upgrade to 1.1.1, I take it the restore files in iphone.unlock.no are not to be used for upgrading using the shift/click upgrade button and I need to get Apples original upgrade rom file somewhere.

To enter recovery mode, connect the phone to the computer and press and hold the Power button (on top) and the Home button (on bottom front) simultaneously. After about 15 seconds phone will appear to turn off, release the Power button but keep holding the Home button. After about 15 seconds the computer and iTunes will detect the phone in recovery mode, and you can perform a restore. IMPORTANT: If you just click the restore button, it will restore it with the latest firmware. It's much safer to manually select firmware instead. If you want to manually select a different firmware you can hold down SHIFT key (Windows) or Option/ALT-key (Mac) when clicking the Restore button, and it will let you choose firmware file. Download the wanted firmware here (you would normally want 1.1.1).

The section above explains how to restore, yet you advice is to upgrade, there is no section detailing upgrade on iphone.unlock.no unless you consider them the same. Could someone clear up this step please.

Dette innlegget er endret av teslar: 28.11.07 18:17
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 bruker(e) leser i dette emnet (2 gjester og 0 anonyme brukere)
0 brukere:

Lo-Fi versjon Dato og klokkeslett: 05.12.19 15:44
Unlock iPhone, Unlock iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS unlocking | Unlock and Jailbreak iPad | Låse opp operatørlås og unlock | Bytte knust iPhone skjerm/glass? | Knust iPhone